Presenter: Rene Westhovens, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
Saturday 15 June: 08:00–09:00 (Abstract LB003)
The aim of FINCH 3 is to evaluate the efficacy of filgotinib in combination with methotrexate compared with methotrexate alone in methotrexate-naïve adult patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The 1252 enrolled participants were randomly assigned to receive filgotinib, methotrexate, or a combination of both treatments for 1 year, and the primary outcome is the proportion of participants with an ACR20 response at week 24.
- News story | Filgotinib beneficial for RA patients with no prior methotrexate exposure
- Researcher comment | WATCH: Lead investigator Rene Westhovens discusses the findings
- Expert commentary | WATCH: Roy Fleischmann discusses the results
- Expert commentary | WATCH: John Isaacs discusses the FINCH 1 and FINCH 3 results
- External link | Conference abstract
- External link | ClinicalTrials.gov registration page
- Quick guide | JAK inhibitors in RA: A round-up of the phase III trials