Presenter: Oliver Distler, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland.
Wednesday 12 June: 16:15–17:45 (Abstract OP0017)
The phase III SENSCIS trial demonstrated that the tyrosine kinase inhibitor nintedanib reduces the annual rate of decline in forced vital capacity among patients with systemic sclerosis-associated lung disease. However, the researchers found no significant improvements in other clinical outcomes with nintedanib treatment.
- External link | Conference abstract
- External link | ClinicalTrials.gov registration page
- News story | Nintedanib slows lung function decline in SSc-associated interstitial lung disease
- News story | Nintedanib reduces SSc-ILD progression across various subgroups
- News story | Safety profile of nintedanib similar in SSc–ILD, IPF